Saturday 6 March 2010

Maya's Sketch in Green



Hi everyone, this is a little card I've put together to enter in 2 challenges. The 1st is Sketch Saturdays challenge #93, which is a layout sketch designed by Maya. The 2nd is Prairie Fairie Fridays challenge, which was to use some green in your design in honour of St Patricks day ( I think I've covered that one)
The background paper is a linen patterned paper from Brenda Pinnock's Sucerie collection, over stamped with a tiny floral cluster. The 2 rectangular panels are cut from a sheet of striped K&Co paper (traditional collection), and the SMILES is cut from another sheet in the same collection. The topper is a Sarah Kay image I think is called picnic,but I can't remember for sure. I've inked and watercoloured it, overstamped the edges with the same floral cluster, and then glued a piece of organza ribbon in a pleated effect around the edge.
I'm quite pleased with the overall effect. What do you think?
Love as always Gina x x x

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenge Gina!! The card is beautiful and I just love the colours you have used to colour the image it looks perfect with the matching papers xx The pictures of your sister's baby are just beautiful bet they look amazing on your scrapbook pages xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Gina! Love the clean and simple layout!

    Thanks for joining FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gina I adore this so much that image is a real beauty I love the layout and your papers as well thank you so much for sharing this with us at Prairie Fairy this week.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Gina, thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday hun, with you're beautifull card....wow...Just wonderfull. Hugs Terry

    ReplyDelete