Monday 20 June 2011

Burtonesque Little Mermaid !

Now the current challenge at Burtonesque Dolls is to take a character and put him/her/it into a Tim Burton Movie....but I wanted to use a mermaid, so I drew what I thought Tim Burtons version of "The Little Mermaid" would look like. If it doesn't fit the actual challenge that's fine, just thought they might like to see it :D

These 2 pics were taken before completion, to show the foiling and embossing more clearly.
I used a cuttlebug folder(bird on grass, bird hidden behind portrait) to give a seaweedy feel, and Tim Holtz distress inks to age the dp layer(though that isn't showing too well on the pics)
The inspiration for the mermaid is this weeks HDH Macabre Mondays Challenge #94 "Menacing Mermaids, although she has been stuck in my head for quite some time ...mwahahahaha...

Challenges I would like to enter this for are;
Simon Says Stamp and Show# Metal(embossed background, inside surface of tomato puree tube and brads)
Sweet Dreams MWahahahaha....... :D

16 comments:

  1. Whoa Gina! She certainly is menacing! Dig those teeth. Fabulous work! Love the embossing behind her. Thanks for playing along with MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, she's scary! And perect for the Burtonesque Dolls challenge! I could totally see her in a Burton movie! Great use of your cuttlebug folder! Thanks for playing along with The Dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Card

    Thanks for joining us at PTD and good luck

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever and scary my friend. fab work
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need new eyes, I thought it said 'burlesque' mermaid and other than the boobs couldn't understand the 'burlesque' in the title. Love the refection in the mirror. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesh, burtonesque indeedy. There is no way i would have been able to think of anything for that. Yours is pretty cool. I like mermaids. I know they are like, supertrendy right now, but i can't help it. I freakin Like them. I think i like tim burton too, but i can't remember. I thinking that i need to get out my cuttlebug today. Seeing as this is the third time i've been reminded of it in 2 days, i see that is a sign of some sort and need to use it in some way before i forget about it again for another jillion years.
    do you do that? FOrget all about your cuttlebug, then you'll see something done with a folder that you have, and you're like...
    ooh. i need to do something with my cuttlebug...
    now.
    for an idea...

    best not hold my breath..

    xx,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey! you don't have word ver or anything. i could type in lots of comments really fast and they would actually publish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes u r just too darn weird but you know.... i LIKE it! this is ..... different!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful, I love your creep mermaid creature :D Thanks for playing along with our Menacing Mermaids challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how did you come up with this it's amazing, such stunning work I love it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful background! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this fits exactly, we love to see creativity!
    And I imagine a Burton mermaid would look like this. Thanks for playing with The Dolls.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Love that golden background... total Burton mermaid!

    Thank you for joining us at the Burtonesque Dolls this week.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete