Thursday 28 July 2011

Fun with colour!!!

While trying to access the self portrait class at Flutterbye, I spotted a section titled "Summer Witch party".....so that gave me a play theme for today :D
And in the continued spirit of "trying things out" I decided to embrace WAX CRAYONS. I have acquired wax crayons from party bags, Kiddies meal deals and goodness knows where else, yet we never use them. Since childhood I have had quite a snobby attitude towards these inifensive objects. The basic primary colours never seemed to be enough for my imagination, and so I shunned them.
So my project today was to use them to make a picture!!!

And here she is....my Summer Witch :D coloured only with wax crayons from a goodie bag!!!(line drawing blue biro, flesh tones 1 brown pencil crayon)

She is the 2nd page in my "try it out" book inspired by Amy of Flutterbye

I thought she looked lonely stuck in the middle of the white page, so I drew her some flowers :D

All colouring with 4 wax crayons(which can be seen in the background of some of the pics)
I normally work in quite a detailed manner(see the hands) which is why I could never cope with the chunkiness of crayons, but I really enjoyed the freedom of playing with them today :D

Challenges I would like to enter are;

Linking to Summer Witch Party at Flutterbye :D XXX

8 comments:

  1. Oooh I like this very much,Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page, your summer witch looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project, thank you for joining us at CYDA this time hope you will join us again, good luck xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is just super great colors on this too bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative!! Thanks so much for playing at Fab'n'Funky!! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and colourful witch, definitely something you don't see everyday! Thanks for joining our clashing colours challenge at Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project and love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab summery card. Thanks for joining in with our summertime challenge at CYDA. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete