Saturday 25 May 2013

"Freedom!"

Yes I have been missing in action again...sorry...been playing :D 
Glycerine added a free mini class to One Little House Ning group where she made a 3D canvas...and I thought this a perfect project for Manon's Paper Saturdays challenge :D

"Freedom"

a simple combination of texture stamps, kitchen/toilet paper and water...

and a soft brush to press with...
and a couple of items to make casts from :D
(I also used a few CD cases with little stamps in to see what happened) Love how they turned out!!!
Then it was just a case of building up layers as usual...
and I added a thin coat of gesso before adding colour with acrylic paint.
I picked out some detail with a black permanent marker...
Funky side shot to show depth of the piece....all made with toilet paper lol
And as I am well behind I blogland as I have been making stuff to sell at a craft fayre later in the year, it is my Piece a Week entry too :D
Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. your lovely duck catch my eye and so wonderful als always the single steps you take :) she looks so serene ♥...thank you for showing it and I think I have to check out Glyzerines class! ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic and now I want to go over on this rare sunny day to see more about this. Gina you out did yourself yet again love it. ManonXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous piece, love what you have made. Must buy some more loo rolls and try it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lot of patience and a lot of work, but what a fantastic result. You have made such a good textured background for that lovely duck and the leaves and flowers are really pretty.
    It's strange, but I can see a little elf's face just above the top flower on the left - did you put him there or is he a case of serendipity?
    Good luck with the craft fair and may you have lots of sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I didn't notice that little sprite at all Jez...but when I posted it on FB it wanted me to tag it lol

      Delete
  5. Wow! That is so cool! How fun. I can't wait to see what else you do with the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa I never knew it was possible to do that with such simple ingredients! Amazing what you did with that kitchen paper. Something to try here at home with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina, I have missed you! This is so cool! I would have never thought of this being created with toilet paper! Fantastic! I wish I lived closer to go to your craft fair! I would buy some of your art! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to cool. You always do the neatest things. xo donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your imagination has no boundaries, Gina!! AMZAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I can say that your art pops out of the canvas, and mean it in more than one way. Awesome, Gina ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff Gina, so inventive and I always love layers of texture. How exciting you are working so hard towards a craft fair, I hope to see more of your creations as it gets closer (assuming it's not being held anywhere nearby??) have a productive week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always you made the most awesome art Gina
    Love also this work of you ...
    ღ ღ• .
    ¸.•´¸.•¨) ¸.•¨) Love
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`♥ ღ ღ

    ReplyDelete