Tuesday 2 July 2013

My journey through a landscape.....

Last week I reviewed an online art class from Craftsy , and told you I was going to try the class geared at improving landscape painting techniques(previous post)...
well this is how I am getting on :D
I am taking my time with this piece, as I know I need to be more patient with my paintings if I want to get the finer details....
I couldn't spare the time to go out(plus it was raining a lot) so I searched through my own photos and chose this image to work from.

I followed the image transfer technique(I don't consider it proper to reveal details of techniques from paid class, though they are happy for me to do step by step pics...I asked lol)
Now to build up an under painting using the photo with colour saturation zeroed, to show tonal differences...

building up layers of paint ....
until happy :D

After letting it dry(and a couple of protection layers to fix the underpainting) I added the first coloured glaze, and was amazed how the whole image seemed to gel...
and this is where I am up to now, with just 2 colours added.
I am very pleased with the way this class is going, though wishing now I had been more confident and started on a larger board lol..this one is slightly smaller than A5, and I foresee problems with my cheap brushes and fine detail :D
Don't forget that the prize draw of a free online class of your choice is still open until the 5th. For a chance just sign up to Craftsy via my link http://www.craftsy.com/ext/DaydreamBeliever_CraftsyGiveaway  . I really am very impressed so far :D
I am going to enter this for my A Piece a Week (though it may take a couple of weeks to complete)
Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Gina, you are doing amazing!!! The painting is wonderful ;o) Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoyed seeing it come to life. The depth you are creating is wonderful! Looks like I could just walk right into the picture and into the building. Can't wait to see how it ends up. Glad you are enjoying the class, Gina. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this with my mouth open. I know, I know, not a sexy look, but sexy fails me when I'm concentrating hard *sigh.*

    I love seeing the steps. Gods know I can't do it, but to see you putting things together and then see some of the results is like magic.

    Can't wait to see the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and detailed painting well done and thank you for sharing with us.
    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done some of the sewing classes on Craftsy and also find them really good. This is a great landscape fabby work hun Dxx

    ReplyDelete