Monday 19 August 2013

Comfort zone...what comfort zone?

So how many times have you stepped outside your comfort zone and tried something new?
A friend recently asked me if I had ever tried working in muted colours, or colours that I wouldn't normally use.....I have a deep dislike for the pasty pink/grey/ white combi of the mid 80's....
So with both wellies firmly on my feet I waded in!
I used a palette knife and a previously worked canvas, and just mashed the paint all over it...
then walked away(yuk)
Literally...I went for a walk, and saw these...
and when I looked at the grotty canvas again..I saw these :D

 I tried adding a foreground so they don't look like they are drifting in the sky...
 but I'm not sure if it is starting to look a bit "twee" ?
 A thin wash of viridian green to give it a bit of depth...
 then I thought...."stop trying so hard...loosen up" So I went back to the palette knife and thick paint.
and this is where I am right now.
Don't know where this is leading, but I can feel the adventure growing :D
Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So clever, I love the way your paintings emerge.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you are doing this! xodonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina brilliant! I know it's not done, but I like how the painting is now ;o)

    ReplyDelete