Wednesday 7 August 2013

Freefalling

This month's "Paint What You See" class over at One Little House ning encourages us to make a background using "found" objects...


I used a collection of bottletops....
and other textured bits and pieces to build the layers of background.
 and then "found" my figure.
 I "pulled" her out of the background using soluble pencils blended with gesso...
 adding depth to the background with a rich red to give contrast...
 and a little more white to highlight sections.
 Black inktense pencil softened with a little water to add detail.
The journalling reads;
Falling ....or Escaping????
Take control of YOUR LIFE

This is my "Piece A Week"

Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love how you paint your tales, and always end up in love with the endings. And the message: perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love what you wrote! Very powerful! And, of course your creation is so cool! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so much fun and I love the falling lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you KNOW I love this.... but be careful... painting falling ladies is addicting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete