Wednesday 18 September 2013

Tangled Mermaids

Everywhere I look lately I am seeing mermaids and Zentangles, so for my 18th "29 Faces for September" I decided to combine the two.

I drew a very simple face and gave her pointy ears and "floaty hair". These strips of hair gave me the areas to "tangle" in...


 I took a fine nibbed pen and doodled like a maniac.


I have to say I was in awe of the people who practice this skill before I started...I am TOTALLY impressed now!!!
I chose a simple colour palette, 2 greens and 2 blues for her hair...


and combined them to colour the background.


After 2 weeks of quick sketching, this was an amazingly intense experience(though staring at black on white for 2 hours made me feel a little ill)
I am counting this piece for my "A Piece a Week" and my "Weekly Face on Wednesday"
Enjoy :D XXX

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully striking and creative. I love it.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mermaids seem to be crawling out of everywhere... I've seen them, too!

    This lady is precious. Love her hair and her expression.

    Now, I wish I had the dedication (patience) for Zentangles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is cool! I love her intense eyes!!! Her hair turned out amazing! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never have the patience much for tangles!! LOL Your mermaid is fab ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you felt it was an intense experience, she is gazing back at you with such intensity. I like your restricted colour palette, and the floaty hair. Altogether a lovely piece of art.

    ReplyDelete