Tuesday 9 December 2014

Can't resist the Darkside....

I mentioned on an earlier post, that my friend was planning a "Calender" challenge for 2015, and ho I had bought this one from Poundland in preparation(cos you know I likes to be prepared).
 I had also decided to set each page(very thin paper) into a recycled/sticky photo album...
 Well now I am prepping that :D
Cos DARCY has officially announced her challenge, and I can get mucky YAY!
 Tis a "Rock" based journal so black gesso is a must!!!
 and any "obligatory ballad" surely draws heavily on the muse of Edgar Allan Poe...
(and I have been dying to make something for "Quoth The Raven" Challenge blog)
 No book feels quite as mystical as one with cobwebs and crinkles...
*paper, Halloween {scary sparkles} from My Minds Eye*
 extra crinklied before gluing down...
 Collaged to within an inch of it's life lol
 While inside, each double page is black gessoed to counteract the "sticky", and an image from the calender added as a base layer for inspiration....

Now this may look overly "dark", but it is the base layer...and fluorescent colours will pop if added.
Nothing to say a black background has to stay black. Oh, I have kept the acetate layers attaced to each page. This will allow additional "layering" :D
I chose the Elvis image for the first/January page, as he is generally credited with being the instigator of "Rock" as we know it.
Can't wait to join Darcy in this new challenge. Each month she is going to present an Altered page using a specific technique(which will be our challenge that month)

Enjoy....I will :D XXX
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Totally & utterly stunning!
    Thank you for joining us at QUOTH THE RAVEN. BDx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh that was quick lol
      Am going to include song lyrics by each person that sing of heartbreak and utter devotion...just like Poe would have written :D

      Delete
  2. Fantastic :-D Thank you for coming over to play at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-)

    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It is amazing what you can do. You are so talented. I would love to see the florescent colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it that I didn't know about Quoth the raven, Nevermore challenge!

    *runs to see*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice way to begin a New Year! with Mr. swivel Hips Himself! I will enjoy watching YOUR craftiness dear Duchy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, how do you do your wonderful creations, Facebook, blogging, family??? You are an amazing Witch ;o) Love you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gina, Your work is wonderful, and I can't wait to see more. Have a wonderful week end. Thank you for sharing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina, you and your art is on my blog ;o) I hope you don't mind ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to anything of mine anytime :D XXX

      Delete
  9. Just popped over for a visit via Stacy's blog....Amazing work and talent. I adore Elvis and agree he is perfect for "Mr. January"

    ReplyDelete
  10. well if it has Bruce Springstein i'm all for it....unusual art, is still art, ;)

    ReplyDelete