Monday 29 December 2014

Grabbing a couple of hours of craftiness

Was talking to a friend yesterday about being a bit "painted out". Lacking the desire to paint recently(mostly because I don't have the space to leave things to dry at the moment), I was trying to think of how to inspire myself again, and remembered my felting machine!
I have a bag full of fabric bits from my doll making, so instant playtime!!!

First I tried adding off cuts to a sheet of felt. This gave me a regular shaped piece that is quite sturdy...

Next I tried just layering scraps directly onto each other...much trickier, but got there in the end...
 adding lengths of yarn helped give sections of higher definition.

Now my brain was going "Die cuts???"
 I chose a few random dies and added felt to felt... 

and then yarn direct to felt...
 (need to replace a few needles lol)
And now I have a small collection of fabric and felt collage pieces ready for when the crafting bug kicks back in for 2015 :D
(and I still have a huge pile of scraps :D )

If your lacking inspiration....rummage!!
That's why we hoard so much stash!!
Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you discover when you use these creations. Hugs :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always amaze me! and inspire! Those pieces may come in handy for your calendar project? or journal cover, pages, oh my endless possibilities!
    Get your dancing boots polished! and Dance I. the New Year! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I spy a needle felter at work, I've had great fun in the last two days creating cards with scraps out of my paper scraps bag!

    ReplyDelete