Wednesday 19 April 2017

Just having fun...

Grabbing the odd half hour to play is a necessity for me....
as is grabbing a bargain, so when I got the chance to
 buy 4 sets of X-cut shadow box dies for under £36 I didn't
even try to resist(normal price £19.99 each)
I find theses sets are so useful as they cut apertures 
and can be used individually as well as to make scenes.
I like to make my own background card using inks on plain paper... 
 cos it's messy...and I love messy :D

 I cut the layers I wanted out of plan black card...
 I only used 3, and made the "sky" around the distant trees wider
 before sticking a bit of the "sky" backing card behind the windows 
to give the effect of reflection(or house lights).
 I also sent for some SO SUZY sentiment stamps last week....
*though postage charges from US made them twice the price*
worth every penny lol
 They even added a sweet freebie "Spring Time Hugs"
*what a lovely thing to do*
I will definitely be buying more...struggled to only choose 3 lol
and arrived in perfect time to have fun with a few challenges.
Combining:
 Made using 
Tattered Lace dies 
My Paper Stash "Rosie's Delight"
So Suzy sentiment stamp

Enjoy :D XXX

16 comments:

  1. Intricate yumminess (in my favorite colors!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was thinking of you with regard to colour comb*not the sentiment lol*

      Delete
  2. If you've got the spade I'll have the dead body soon if OH carries on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both your cards - really beautiful. I really must get some of those So Suzy stamps - I think she was doing free international postage over Easter weekend but I couldn't get my act together and decide which to buy, I want them all! Thanks for sharing your second card, both elegant and snarky, at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Rose challenge and for joining the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS for our E is for Elegant challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you treated yourself to some new goodies! Your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with your playtime and those stamp quotes look very ginafied, sorry new word but I'm sure you get the gist. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are fabulous, I've seen this sort of die before a few times but never bought - tempted now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, great work! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card and I love the quote!! Excellent Gina! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, Thanks for being Elegant at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rose card is so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card - I love the sentiment with that gorgeous rose beside it. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous.. Thanks for being Elegant with the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete