with rusty metal :D
Another technique I've been dying to try
(blames Brenda Brown)
is faux rustiness.
I started with a black card blank and a distressed piece of the
Death's head moth(Visible Image stamp) card I made earlier
I wanted a "rusty metal" plaque for a topper.
I started with a piece of faded gold card die cut from my scrap box.
Added some verdigris embossing powder with pva glue(makes it lumpy and crusty looking)
and rubbed over some Rusty Hinge distress ink.
Next I added patches of antique gold and dark copper
embossing powder with versamark to make more texture.
Was too shiny, so I battered it with white gesso...
stippled with orange and brown acrylic paint...
and blended over with Rusty Hinge again
(making sure each layer was dry before adding the next)
Finally I scrubbed over a good layer of Walnut Stain ink to dull everything down.
Yummy lumpy pitted corrosiveness :D
Love the bit's of verdigris showing through.
Once layered with a piece of torn vellum and old string I think it looks quite effective.
Skelly certainly enjoyed the addition of the
Death's Head Moth mwahahahaha
So pleased with the final effect
Will definitely be trying this again :D
Enjoy :D XXX
Entering for the following challenges;
Shopping Our Stash # 297 Tie One On (string)