Tuesday 24 April 2018

Is it Art O'clock yet?

I mentioned I'd been rearranging rooms
recently...and realised I no longer had a
clock in my Art room....
so  I made one :D

I took this old canvas I'd "borrowed" bits from...
and gave it a thick coating of gesso, 
scraping some extra texture as I went along.
 Been dying to try some "weak washes"...
 letting each layer dry*not my strong point lol*
 before adding another...
til I got this yummy crusty finish :D
I love the way Brenda Brown uses metal on her projects
*see her amazing projects at Bumblebees and Butterflies*
so I made myself a metal embellie by embossing an
old Tomato puree tube and cutting a piece out.
 Keeping to faded colour tones I collected some papers
to layer (distressing as I went along)...
 attaching everything with matt medium and tape.
 Really pleased with the final "grunginess" of the canvas
 and the depth created by the different washes.
I also used pencil around the edges of the individual elements
to add definition.
Now to position the "clock" mechanism.
 Once I decided where, I stamped a clock face onto
 tissue paper and glued it down with matt medium.
 I also added glazing medium to the clock face for
extra protection.
over all I am very pleased with my new
"Arty O'Clock"
Enjoy :D XXX

I would like to enter the following Challenges;


8 comments:

  1. Amazing textures! I love the metallic touches and I really enjoyed seeing your artpiece from start to finish. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true mixed media piece with amazing texture. It should be art o'clock everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always art o'clock in house de Gina. Time it's just pretty now. And shinier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good! This is so creative! I love it Gina1
    (When you saw sadness in my painting, there could have been a touch, but maybe more of a peace or calmness. Been going through somethings and it feels good!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouaouh! I'm in awe in front of your talent Gina!
    These textures and colours are fantastic!
    I'm following you talented lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot: your header is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome upcycling - this is brilliant! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Countryview crafts and good luck in the draw! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its always Art oclock and I adore this, what a fabulous explosion of creativity, KUDOS

    ReplyDelete