Monday 16 January 2017

Love to Love

Today I'm sharing a piece of altered art
I made for hubby for Valentines day :D

 I found these wooden hearts (3 on a string)
in a clearance pile for 25p!!!!
 and knew they would be useful
as I had also just purchased this 
 I prepped the hearts by sanding and 
painting with white gesso,
 and then splodging on some acrylic paints.
 Once the paint was dry I stamped the 
"Happy" shrooms with versamark and heat embossed 
with black powder...
 to give a raised image.
 Next I added a tiny amount of colour with promarkers
to highlight the shrooms, being careful as the markers
wanted to react with the embossing
 I stamped my sentiment onto old book page edge paper
 with a Docrafts mini alphabet before gluing in place.
 Extra highlights on the spots with white posca pen.
 I painted around the edges with gold acrylic...
 as well as the shroom heads
For Hubby because he makes me
Happy cos he is such a Fun Guy to Love
:D Enjoy XXX
Photobucket

4 comments: