Thursday 18 May 2017

Tag your it!

As both my DT duties are the same weekends (at the moment)
I am having more time to just play along with challenges.
Today I am incorporating 4 challenges;

 I haven't made a tag for ages!!!
Creating your own background is way easier than most people think.
 I had this piece of card that I had just been testing
 my mini ink pads on to see if they still worked...
so base layer already done :D
 I've been seeing "background segment" stamps for sale.
I have background stamps...so I "segmented" one.
 I chose a piece of the "ink blocked" card...
 and over-stamped with the  segments,
before blending with distress inks.
 Pretty easy to select colours for my image using the backgorund
as a guide.
 Then I remembered the "stitching part lol
So I over-stamped again with stitch stamps from
Joanna Sheen's Haberdashery collection.
 Then it was just a matter of colouring with my promarkers,
tearing into a tag shape and adding embellishments :D

So why don't you go try making your own background..
it doesn't have to be a messy process all the time :D
Enjoy XXX

11 comments:

  1. Can I please have the hat and the dress? Thank you. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Gina. That background is fabulous, I love the idea of using older background stamps and segmenting them yourself to add pattern to your work. Brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tag and perfect for our challenge at Passion for Promarkers. I love the background you have created too, I'm going to have a go of that myself. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautifully crafted tag - just perfect for our girls' birthday challenge.
    Thanks for sharing at I Love Promarkers.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is gorgeous! I love the background you created. Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Gina, love the background x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute tag Gina. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Such a clever background, it looks awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, thanks so much for the fabulous tutorial! I am definitely going to try that. Love your coloring and image choice, great job. Thanks so much for playing in our Stitching Challenge at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, Love, Love!!! Turned out amazing!! She is a darling and I love the background! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are fab, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete