People I love

Sunday, 17 June 2012

How to make a Zgnombie mwahaha

First I'd like to point out that I didn't make that word up...some one else did, but I love it!!!
I recently saw a web poster called "Lawn of the Dead" where some really clever peeps had zombified their garden gnomes...and I wanted one!!!
I gave my desk faerie away recently, and needed a new one, so why not a desk Zgnombie instead :D. Now where to start???
Dug up a plastic skeleton from last Halloween...
But it's legs were too long...so I RIPPED them off...

and bandaged them back on mummy style...(using toilet tissue and pva glue)
When dry, I added a coat of white gesso, to stiffen it up a bit.
then the fun part...painting with acrylic, and adding wispy hair.
Side view...
Rear view...
Added details; eyeball for empty socket, shiny buttons and belt buckle and a pointy hat :D
Ta Dah! Meet Abacrombie the Zgnombie!
not sure about his name...if you have a better suggestion shout up :D
He is my offering for this weeks challenge at The Butterfly Effect...GNOMES...which I suggested, just so I could make this mwahahahaha....
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Gina...I need this one...I really do...please send him to me!!!! I don't know how I have got to like this scary stuff but I really do! I will swap you.
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pack him for you, do I have you addy already? If not email me :D...and I already have a gift from you...keep my phone in it :D

      Delete
  2. Why am I finding this gruesome creature cute? Great work hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, he is brilliant! I love him! And, I love your creativity! I think you should make some more and sell them! I love him!!!! A++++

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina this is so awesome AND SOOOO FUNNY!!!! Classic zombie horror crossed with short garden dwellers, who'da thought a combination like that would be so brilliant!! Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous fun! A gnome I can appreciate...lol!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my freaking gosh! This is genius, you are a genius. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRILLIANT!!!! I'm going to have to make one! I have a couple of skellies in my stash that I've had for years. Yep! have to make time for this one!
    Thank you so much for the inspiration! You rock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods head* Zgnombies Rule! :D

      Delete
  8. :D :D :D :D So cool - thanks for the big smile on my face :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just the thing for you.... Check out this day out to end all others... http://wish.co.uk/zombie-shopping-mall/

    I just love the gzombnome or whatever you wish to call him!! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha....Lisa...I want!!! Just need to win the lottery now :S

      Delete
  10. That Zgnombie is so cool!!! You're so creative, Gina!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really can't describe how awesome I find this. I love seeing the process it took to transform him into a zgnombie. Just too good... or bad... idk what do you complement a zombie with?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a pretty awesome zombie gnome. :)) Love how you put him together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are hillarious! Love this little boy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abacrombie the Zgnombie is perfect! You have such a versatile imagination, Gina. I wish I could use my hands the way you can ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bwahahahaha.....:D I will tell hubby you said that :D

    ReplyDelete