Monday 26 April 2010

Fearn and flowers



Just 1 card today as spent most of it washing up after sick offspring (2 lots of bedding + several cuddly toys, yuk!), but I did get to play with this little ray of springtime. Her name is "Fearn" and she is from the "Lily Bean Fairies" collection at Tales from Pollycraft. Fearn was a freebie, but her sisters are still available. The retro flowers are also a Pollycraft digi stamp which I bought as part of a set called "Sweet Dreams Springtime Retro".
The actual Pollycraft Monday challenge#41 was to "make your own flowers" and I got a bit carried away haha! I made my own flower background paper by resizing the flowers and arranging them randomly, then I printed another sheet of the same flowers to cut out. Then I thought "why cut when I could tear?" I think this gives them an extra funky look. They are fixed in place, at different heights (flat, 1mm, 2mm) with tape and sticky pads. I tinted them slightly with a yellow copic marker, and Fearn got a fantasy flower garden to die for!
If you do pop over to Pollycraft check out the stamp image they've made and are selling to raise money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance Fund. It's only £1.50 and every penny goes to the fund.
love as always Gina x x x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, fabby card Fearn is so sweet and the flowers are gorgeous, lots of love Steph ps hope the poorlies are better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi love this the garden looks fab and i love pollycraft too i bought the charity digi and printed it out so hopefully will put a card together very soon.Thanks for sharing your card i think is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina, your card is beautiful, such wonderful colours. Love the flowers too! hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Gina this is fabulous I love the colours and those flowers are awesome so is that beautiful image this is one fab card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Gina. I love the colours you have used, she looks really magicaol in amongst those flowers. Tearing really works! K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh she is darling!! nice bright colors too. i like that she's sitting among the flowers! super.

    hey girlfriend - email me - please - poca62@comcast.net

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gina, sorry to hear about your poorly little one. Your card is lovely and your flowers are beautiful!
    Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete