Monday 7 June 2010

Go with the Flow!


First things first, a huge thank you to Nina , guest designer at Sketch Saturdays, who chose me to recieve her Party Bag Candy she made for SS's Birthday Challenge last week. I won Angel Poop!!! Chunky Monkey is so excited hahaha!
I didn't get much crafting time this weekend. Joined Hubby for his team night out, on Saturday, V posh do at a V select golf club(everybody say oooooooow!) Got V sore feet from dancing all night! Wicked!!
Before I went out on Saturday a very exhausted racing pidgeon landed at my gate, so I took it in gave it food and water and it flew away at teatime, job well done I thought. Sunday lunchtime it came back! So I've taken it back in(living in garden shed in dog cage til owner can be contacted). In the meantime (Sunday am) ,during a thunderstorm and downpour, Hubby comes in from street saying can we take in a little dog that a neighbour has found in the street looking for shelter. The poor little thing was afraid of the storm, and had slipped her collar. Once the storm had passed, Hubby and Chunky Monkey took her round the estate to see if she could find her way home, but she showed no interest in anything or anyone, so she is still here! I contacted the authorities but no one has reported here missing yet. So my family is up by 2. Fortunately my collie is very placid and hasn't been too put out by her new companion.
Any hoo, my card! I love this little Teacup Fairy01 from CJ at Cowgirl up Stamps. I was going to make a " you've been a little under the weather" card, but then I found this sentiment at Sentimental Sundays blog and thought it went really well with such a chilled out fairy(and the weather). The papers and butterfly are from the very 1st kit I ever bought from Dawn Bibby and QVC, and fits perfectly Sentimental Sundays Challenge#6 New/neglected stash. I'd forgotten how pretty it was. I am also entering it for Beecrafty Downloads challenge#31 "Bloomin' Marvelous" and Sketch Saturdays challenge#106
Well that should catch up from the weekend hahaha!
Love as always Gina/Pidge and Little Dog x x x

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Gina love the butterfly its gorgeous and love the image its beautiful huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Gina, loving the blue monochrome. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gina you are a someone with a heart like mine where animals are concerned how wonderful you are to take in both the pigeon and little dog. If it were my dog I would be worried sick and contacted everyone I know to help find it.

    As for your card I love it the blue looks so good and love the image and design great work all round.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun just to say a big thankyou for all your help today and there is an award for you on my blog huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo can you adopt me too?????? i won't eat much! i promise!

    love the card! fabulous image too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, and so pretty in all of the blues Gina!
    What a busy weekend for you and strays! Lovely to help them out though, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I love the blue monochrome. Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete