Monday 25 July 2011

See Amy ! See Gina make a book!

Today at The Butterfly Effect, Amy was talking about making a book to "try out" new techniques. We all see stuff on videos and tutorials we'd like to try, but don't always want to make the entire project......
So today I have started my own Art Technique Notebook, using one of the butchered books from a past post. I have taken some pages from another book(gluing 2 together to strengthen them) and bound them to the cover with brown paper and a card spine.

Scarily, I found myself reading the pages as I was gluing them.....I was right....total pap!

I have now started prepping the pages by painting the writing over with white acrylic

The first line of the first page I used read "The knife was not enough"...and I think I've got that covered :D XXX

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll do anything!!! i'm impressed.

    the ORNAMENTS cb folder is NOT new. if i see one i'll grab it for ya. after all the goodies you send me, it's the least i can do. AND UR WORTH IT TOO.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great book, Gina! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!!!!!!

    That was me being really happy! I started in mine today too~
    but your book is Way Cooler.

    How did you get it bound with coil?

    It takes ages to glue the page blocks and the gesso is a bitch too - But
    Guess what? I did use mine to learn new stuff today. I didn't give one crap how it looked, and i totally learned
    Really Good Stuff
    which i'd thought i'd never do because i didn't have time to do the whole project.

    !!
    So that's a great thing!

    xx,
    amy

    ReplyDelete