Thursday 12 April 2012

In a happy place :D

This piece is an experiment after watching Tee Thompson's art class last night. She showed us how to make a lovely place to be. It is just to stick on my wall were I craft...and makes me smile :D Tee used acrylics, but I tried soluble crayons, I like experimenting :D

I started with a rainbow swirl, because the theme at The Butterfly effect this week is "Rainbows"
and smoosh/blended with glazing medium...
Next, using acrylics, I added the floating tree lol
followed by foliage and ground cover...
then tons of tiny wildflowers :D
Using glazing medium instead of water to activate the crayon meant the colours stayed vibrant.
It isn't a masterpiece, and the proper brushes would be an investment...but I kind of like it :)
Looking into that magical vortex makes me feel warm and excited and relaxed, all at the same time.
Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I watched Tee's tree painting as well. Very inspiring! :) Thanks for the glazing medium tip. That would set the water soluble crayons perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the glasing medium! It turned out so pretty, rich and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, I love this and to me, it is a masterpiece! I can see why it makes you smile ;o) You know, I like the part, of the floating tree. You should do another one like that ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous colors! It makes me think of a children's book we used to have - the title is "When The Sun Rose"

    Caitlyn (ladyphlogiston)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glazing tip ...ans of course Love the painting too. It's such a happy painting :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come over and join the warm sun too, not until I have picked some wild edables on your meadow and snack them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, really a place of joy and piece.

    ReplyDelete