Wednesday 18 July 2012

Missing hearts :D

2 quick and easy "hearts" backgrounds.
1st, ink pads, cheap shaving brushes and stencil sheet(you can always make your own stencils from a sheet of paper)
I've used 3 colours, but you don't have to....started with lightest colour first...

and then just built up layers of colour...simple!

2nd background, embossing folder. Couldn't be bothered to get out a machine, so I just gently rubbed  the folder with my bone folder(don't be too rough as you may damage the embossing folder), then lightly sanded the surface :D

These are my 17th and 18th....31Hearts for July projects.
Enjoy :D
...and don't forget to come back tomorrow for my piece for Oma Linda's Celebrating OZ blog party :D XXX
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Great idea with the embossing folder, sometimes you just don't want to mess about getting the machine out and this makes a great compromise. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second hearts were asking me to touch them, so I did. I closed my eyes and saw and felt the texture. Rich ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great and effective way to make a background x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very pretty will have to do this with my sister some time, see what we can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous backgrounds. Love them.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these hearts Gina! See you tomorrow at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great backgrounds...love the layered hearts, and the sanding really set off the embossed ones. :)

    ReplyDelete