Tuesday 3 December 2013

Picture box project...so far...

I don't normally publish unfinished projects, but I am trying to get back into blogging :D

My MIL asked for a painting by me for Xmas.... I was flattered.....hubby was sheepish.
She would like me to paint a portrait of one of her grandchildren.....I was thrilled(proud)...hubby was silent...
oh!  Not one of my children?.....I said no!
But in the spirit of a loving wife, I told hubby I would make a special frame for the photo she wanted me to work from.
I am even using my precious(stroking) Anna Griffin 12x12 no longer available scrapbook papers...
and this is where I am up to right now...

The finished piece will be in a 12 x 12 deep box frame. These are wonderful for making and displaying special scrapbook pages as gifts.
 *see all my lovely Anna Griffin stuffs*
I chose 2 papers for the background, fancy cutting one to make a frame for the other...
 it's easiest to cut a large section out first...
 before trimming down and laying over second piece.
 Next I took a photo mount to use as a frame within the frame...
but it looked a bit boring...
 so I rummaged through my Anna Griffin stamp collection...
 over-stamped with pigment ink...
 added a little shading with a pale promarker, and a bit of "weight" to the corners with a gold gel pen.
I still have to build up the page with decoupaged roses and stuff, but I think MIL will be pleased with it when finished.

And for those who feel I'm being a little mean not doing the painting she wanted....she's never even asked for a photo of my boys...who are also her grandchildren.
Enjoy :D XXX

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Gina...full of creative energe! Nicely done, especially stamping the white frame! Did all this! And made fudge! Applause! Well done! xoxoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's coming along lovely Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, this is looking so special! You put your all into everything and it truly shows! You are not being mean!!! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job. Your MIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You aren't mean, but honest. No wonder Hubby was silent. She should at least ask for two pictures. I know, I know I should be quiet, but I'm pissed off on your behalf.

    She will be happy that you are giving her something you made with all your heart.

    ReplyDelete