Wednesday 8 August 2018

My little book of ME

Week 2 of Tam's ART, HEART and HEALING e-course(free)
she showed us how to alter a board book to use as an art journal.
*was Little Red Riding Hood*
 Got this one from The Works for £1 and it has lots of pages
so I can do lots of moments from my life that made me who
I am today *and I quite like me so that's cool*
 These books always have shiny "wipeclean" pages
so it is important to create a surface things can cling to...
I used matt medium and book pages, 
followed by a thin coat of gesso.
 Then to decorate the cover.
I'm enjoying the bright flowers in my garden at 
the moment, so went with a fiery orange from
the Day lilies (not a colour I often use*
and then "worked" on a photo of ME that makes me smile
*as suggested in the class*
I like how penetrating my eyes are...(cws)
and how "determined" I look :D
because I am nothing if not "determined".
Enjoy XXX

I would like to share this project in the following challenges;



5 comments:

  1. Gina, your eyes are penetrating!!! Gorgeous photo of you!! I love how you decorated the photo of you! So beautiful!! You make me smile! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's lovely, its years since I worked on a board book, but I did create a book with mountboard recently - but I used my bind it all!

    Loving the book, the pages and the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your repurposed board book with us at Through The Craft Room Door; cheery color combination, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of you, too. Determined, indeed... I can see all the plots in that stare. Love the tiara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab journal cover..great recycling too.
    Thank you so much for joining us at More Mixed Media this month.

    ReplyDelete