Friday 23 November 2018

Back to the very beginning...

Gosh...it has literally been months since I 
have done a DT post for 

and as there is no sponsor I am free to play :D
I decided, as it will be my last post for CWF,
it would be nice to re visit the sponsor of my very
first CWF dt challenge


I started by printing the image onto vellum(tissue would have been better
but I couldn't find it)
 I prepped my journal page by spritzing paint, then gluing
the image over the top.
Once dry I added white gesso to the "skin" areas.
 Addd skintones with acrylic paint
and colour washes with Zig watersoluble pens.
 Time for a few doodles and darkening around
the edges to focus the image.
 Highlighted with white poska pen,
stamped sentiment and lightbulb from
"Visible Image"
and washi word "Shine" I made myself
from used masking tape.

I am really enjoying getting back into art journalling.
It's great for "messy" art when time is short :)
Enjoy XXX

Entering for the following Challenges;

12 comments:

  1. Going back to our beginnings are good (especially when they look this yummy), they remind us why we started to play. Also, messy are ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have to scroll back years to see the first post I mentioned you in lol cws

      Delete
  2. How were you able to print onto the vellum without it crinkling up in the printer? Amazing idea, might have to try that one day.

    Love the creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * sorry posted n wrong place lol* Hi Ellie, with any shiny surface paper you need to tape it to a peace of copy paper first. I use masking tape along feeder edge and up the sides. This gives the rollers something to grip onto XXX

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Snuggle Up Buttercup’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! The colours are very cool. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little by little you turned this into a work of art. It's beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! That turned out really beautiful. I never thought about taping specialty paper to regular paper to get it to print, but that's damned clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina, she is so special!!! So beautiful! I agree with what Rommy said! You are clever girl! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at penny's paper crafty challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring here. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Snuggle Up Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete