Saturday 25 March 2017

New broom...new story.

After showing friends the "re-vamped" canvas
 they asked for a story to go with it...
So take a seat and we shall begin...



SHRINKING VIOLET...UNCHAINED

As I tidied the bedroom, my attention was drawn to a soft fluttering around my ankles.
Looking down, I caught a glimpse of golden fur. The small speckled cat darted from
beneath the bed and danced around my feet.
Strange, I thought. "Where did you come from Missy?"
I don't "do" cats. 
"Best you go home now" and I stooped to catch the happy little creature by her scruff.
"Now , now...hissing is not polite. You belong outside!" I said as I carried the wriggling mass out through the kitchen door.
The moment I released my grip she bounced playfully around the lawn.
Suddenly a much heavier, fluffier feline shot into view, and the pair bolted for the far end of the garden.
Strange, I thought again, A Wild cat and a Lynx , both on the same day?
I followed the pair to the bottom of the garden, but lost sight of them as they scrambled through the hedge.

Entering the outbuilding to my right, I could hear Hubby.
"um...are both dogs with you?" I asked , feeling slightly unsettled by the unusual visitors.

"Yes...I'm getting their food"

"Do me a favour and keep the inner door closed will you? I need to check that the cats have gone."

"What cats?"

"I'll tell you later"  and I turned to open the outer door, just in time to see the black sleek form of a Panther, slowly strolling up the garden path.
...
To be continued...
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Some catty this way comes! Love the mystery of the piece. Can't wait to see what's causing the cat convention, and what sort of creature will show next...

    And, as I already said, I love the newly born painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whistles!!❤️💝This is absolutely riveting a read, Gina😍 I love the mood and tone of the poem, how it creates a sense of mystery and excitement near the end.. sigh.. can't wait to find out what happens next! Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights and for your constant love and support❤️💝


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you got me ....... what happens next???
    Happy Mother's Day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, the cat got bigger! I think I'd want those dogs now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, what's going on?? I want more!!
    Big Hugs Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most anxious for the next episode and to see if the pet dogs have lost their olfactory senses (other than for free food that is).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really you...I am astonished...liked it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gina, Love this little mystery and the fab art, Oh and my son has a cat called Missy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What tempted the cat indoors? Hmmmmmmmm, can't wait to read on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina I love it. Love the painting and loving the story, More please, I need to know what the Panther wants xxx

    ReplyDelete