I made this canvas a while ago for a competition...
and actually won a prize!!!!
I loved the little sprite but the rest feels a bit
So I reverted to type and smooshed the
fuck out of it.
Just leaving the face as a new starting point...
After adding inks I remembered I'd varnished the original
so I added a coating of white gesso...
and as expected everything just blended.
So before continuing I added a coat of clear gesso
and let it all dry .
I used charcoal to sketch out the new figure...
replacing the toadstool with a block of stone...
and a collar with broken chain links.
Starting to feel much more "me"