Sunday 14 March 2010

OMG!!!!!

I swore I'd never use that title, but I now know why others do! I just had to share with you this beautiful card my youngest son made for me last night. I had to stay down stairs and pretend that I didn't know he was raiding my craft stash and felt pens(actually copic markers). He is 11years old, and has a few problems that means he has quite a short attention span(unless wired up to a computer game of some description), so the fact that he spent a whole hour working on this project makes my heart smile.
He chose the Fairycake image from Sj's Little Musings I'd printed out to use earlier this week, coloured it himself with my copic pens and then carefully cut it out. He is righthanded but uses scissors lefthanded, so this is a pretty difficult process for him. He then chose a card from my black glitter stash to glue her to. I've included the envelope because he wrote on it with a tube of stickles, and I know as fellow crafters you will appreciate how difficult it is to keep the pressure even enough to write like this. I know I'm being mushy, but I love this card to bits, and I think I will frame it for my wall.
Sharing the love as always Gina x x x

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic image, fantastic colouring and he has his mums talent for matching cards to just the right colours (I love the flower card, just right for this little fairy). :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be so thrilled its beautiful you would never think a boy of just 11 years made this i just know you will always treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Gina!! He has hiden talent xx How much of your stickles did he used on the envelope!!! lol Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely you must have been delighted! Something to treasure for ever. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete