Monday 29 August 2011

From the mouths of babes....

When people say it bores them to hear the "so called" amusing things other peoples kids say I jump down their throats and tell them to get over themselves!!!
Kids really do say the funniest things....funny because of the innocence and matter of factness with which they say them.
This pencil drawing was inspired by a simple comment from Chunky Monkey, who on spying a pile of new dvd's I'd just purchased(he knows he's not allowed to go through them til I've checked age stuff), asked, "What kind of movie is NAN the Barbarian?"
So here she is in all her glory, fluffy slippers/feather duster and frying pan in hand :D I thought her mighty breast plates should look like pie crusts, and the wrinkled stockings can destroy a man's soul in an instant haha! My Nan/Gran always wore flowery frocks and a pinney, so they were a must have accessory.
I am linking this piece to The Butterfly Effect, a site where insanity in art can be truly appreciated mwahahahaha........:D

9 comments:

  1. Love it Gina! Great sketch and very, very funny.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. rofl!!

    i LOVE it!!

    absolutely brilliant....

    xo

    *still giggling*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! It's the crazy stuff that inspires me, too. :) Great Nan the Barbarian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs Conan when there's a Nan like this around. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sympathetic and fun drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gah.
    yes.

    nan.

    do you know that Just Last Year my gramma *spanked* me(i only get spanked for fun at this age, so i wasn't sure if i ought to enjoy it or what...) for saying the mayonnaise was rotten.

    barbarian indeed!

    xx,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. did YOU draw this???? holy moly girl! you can do your own digis!!! this is super cool.

    yeah. we are from the same mold - heaven help the world!!!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Thanks for the smile on my face, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete