Monday 26 December 2011

Hoping you all had a lovely Christmas day :D

Well Christmas eve was just exhausting for our baby niece....she only made it til 1 pm before needing a nap haha!When every one was in bed, hubby let me open a pressie he had "made" for me....yes, he bought all the fiddly bits and made me this sparkly butterfly ring!!
Long story short...when he proposed he bought a plastic butterfly ring from a little shop, he thought we'd been together so long I deserved a new one :D...not at all practical but so precious :D
Christmas day lunch.... all my men together :D
They don't like chrissy pud...so I made individual Black-forest Gateauxish trifles,
Chocolate swiss roll(homemade blackberry brandy for adults), black cherries in sauce, chocolate custard(made with real chocolate), topped with fresh whipped cream and grated chocolate....
nom, nom, nommy :D
Then time to burn off a few calories with Kinnect Sports. I did play, but guys take this kind of stuff way more seriously...
especially knackered old footballer hubbies....
Chunky needed refuelling......
not that Shorty is competative, but the shame of being beaten by Chunky Monkey....
Ooops...hahahahahaha.....nearly piddled myself!! Apparently , me and Chunky are very bad winners :D

Just noticed we were all dressed in black...nothing morbid, we just wear a lot of black :D

Hope your day was as much fun as ours, Blessings to you all for 2012 :D
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. We had a lovely Christmas too.
    looks like you had great fun and awesome food.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food is a beautiful as the family - LOL.

    what great pictures. gorgeous ring - different and made from the heart. is there anything better?

    now for new years. wishing you all the very best in the new year!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful family day! LOVE the ring and all that it means to both of you .. so thoughtful! The food looks ... well, ... I'll be right over! Happy Holidays, Gina. Enjoy the family time. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems you and your family enjoyed the days :) Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those pictures and I'm glad glad you have a good time. I also had a great time. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fabulous time hun!

    ReplyDelete