Monday 14 May 2012

Mbaba Mwana Waresa

Face no. 14 of 29 Faces for May

...and my AFRICAN Goddess MBABA MWANA WARESA 


Mbaba Mwana Waresa is a Goddess of the Zulu people.
She is reputed for introducing the skill of Beer making to Africa.
She lives on a rain cloud from which she watches over the people...
and chose a human cow herdsman for her husband.
They live together in a round hut made of rainbows :D
I thought she might like gold hoop earings to match her circlet, dressed her in traditional skirt, and put a jar on her head to represent the beer she provided.
My African Goddess, Mbaba Mwana Waresa 
Enjoy XXX
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. What a strong face she has Gina...great picture and more interesting facts.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really doing a great job with these goddesses. How cool to have a beer goddess. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Gina! I must improve drawing African and Oriental faces..... :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You african goddess looks beautiful, great background for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful painting and drawing! :) And I see you have many beutiful art work in your previous posts also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! My African Goddess has a rainbow too ;o) Beer making! My kind of Goddess! LOL! Have a great one ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. she hands out beer! sweeeeet

    ReplyDelete
  8. love her dark eyes and her hipster is great...where can I buy it ;)

    ReplyDelete