Tuesday 19 March 2013

Life is a Masquerade...

My "A Piece a Week" this week is my 3rd ChakrART journal page. 

Whilst meditating on this chakra I visualised myself at the bottom of a spiralling  tunnel, but as I asked for strength and renewal I felt myself being drawn out of the depths, and the spirals turned to rose petals...
The page I had ready to work on also looked like it was covered in roes petals...specifically a rose I used to have called "Masquerade" which actually changes colour as it opens.
This made me think of how I have a tendency to hide from weakness...as in I don't allow myself to appear weak...ever. I in effect, mask my true situation health wise(because I know I am not "that poorly", there are many who are worse off than me health wise)
But what I have realised through this meditation, is that my true energy comes from my garden...if my garden is feeling unloved and bedraggled, how can I expect it to give me strength?
So I need to get my head out of the soft comfy petals, and get down and dirty with the soil again!
"I" didn't used to care if it was raining..."I" dug in the ground all the same..."I" didn't wait around for others to be able to help me move stuff..."I" just moved it....
If "I" learn nothing else from Simona's course, I have learned that no one else can put the sparkle back in my life..
.only "I" can do that

Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Wise words....lovely page. As they say, we are the only ones we live our whole life with!
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you have that with your garden... I can't seem to garden successfully at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't have to be successful Kyra, the garden will love you for trying :D

      Delete
  3. Gina, what a beautiful drawing - love the colours and it's a very cool portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post and painting - not just hiding from life but wearing a mask to hide even more. It's an image that says so much, and as you say, help can really only come from within, but it takes time to accept that.
    We used to have a rose called Joseph's Coat, and as with your Masquerade it's so interesting watching the colours change. Hope we have some better weather in the next few months so the garden and you grow to beautiful life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jez, things are starting to flourish...and i rescued a briar rose a few years ago and it looks like it will flower this year :D

      Delete
  5. Gina, you are so right! When I was meditating today, I was saying the same thing! It has to be me to put the spark back! I have to be the lion and I have to roar! I love my gardening too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page, Gina. A lot of work. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fiery loveliness made me think of the cover of Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr. The colors are alive...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gina your learning curve this week is awesome, I'm just feeling a bit numb and blocked with this weeks one at the moment, don't know why! I doubt you'll be out in the garden today, was hoping to take a photo of my tete a tete daffies today - apparently they've disappeared under all the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Congrats Gina, you are the winner of my Celebrate Oz giveaway at http://scrapsavings.blogspot.com Please email me at jessica.m.moore@gmail.com with your physical address so I can send you your prize. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Es increible esta reflexión! yo también me conecté con mis flores en este chacra!
    preciosa esta página!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Gina! Still love that stencil you made and you do such wonderful things with it. :)

    ReplyDelete