Friday 23 May 2014

Sorry,I don't blog when I is sad....

Those of you that know me on Face Book already know that we had to let Meggy go at the weekend. She was much poorlier than she was showing. This photo was only taken on the 30th of April (last month), but it turned out she had several cancerous tumours in her mammary glands. She was facing a very painful end, so we decided to let her leave before that happened. A very difficult decision to make, but I would never let my dogs suffer if I could help it.
Hubby let me have this peaceful statue to place over her grave...to mark the resting place of a very peaceful soul.
So that's why I haven't been around much lately...
but now I am back!
I am making dolls....but I can't show you yet as it is too much fun teasing Magaly
I have also been keeping up with my Soul Food classes....
Lesson 39 with Jeanette House
 and lesson 42 with Dana Christiansen

I will be back. Bright and breezy...I promise...(even though we have yet another school break this week gah!)
Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I am sorry about Meggy, losing a pet who has become a part of the family can be very hard.

    Your art looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing the right thing for those we love is very difficult at times. I think you did good by Meg. Poor baby. I know she's washing over you...

    ...and I have a feeling that she's shaking her head because she can't believe that you'd tease me this way!

    Love the painting for lesson 42. It speaks of peace, love and music... Serenity with a touch of red. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, I am of the same thought process when it comes to my furbabies. I said goodbye to those that had no hope of a non-painful existence and I know that I did the right thing for them and me. I know it is so hard. Please know you have been in my thoughts ever since I read of your loss of Meggy. Hugs, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you all my love and hugs, hope you are OK and so so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dred the day when i'll have to put neenah down so i can feel your pain and sorrow. hubby was very thoughtful and just think you can sit and remember every time you're out in the yard. good golly girlfriend, you are a TRUE ARTIST in my book. you need a store or a gallery and i want dibs on I KNEW HER WHEN!

    have a fabby weekend!

    big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about maggie, you did the kind thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absence makes the heart grow fonder! And teasing Magaly is an excellent cure for the blues! Bless you
    kind heart! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss of Meggy! Sending you big warm hugs ;o)
    Love all your new art ;o)
    Isn't it fun teasing Magaly ;o)
    xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very sorry to read about your loss of Meggy. Sending you a big hug.
    Wonderful new creations, especially love the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about Meggy.

    ReplyDelete