Monday 5 October 2015

Just Listen....

Spent the last 2 weeks working on a canvas for a competition entry.
 Now I started as I normally would...
 building layers of interest...
 and then searching for a figure.
This time, however, the figure chose to have wings, not something I normally add.
 It thought I was taking things too seriously, so perched itself on a toadstool...
 and dragged me outdoors into the magical realm of the garden.
 even brought a friend along to keep a beady eye on me.
 Things began to literally grow out of the background...
 and berries grew shinier and shinier...
 and the mischievous little imp looked on... 
 listening to the grass growing around it.
 I think she was reminding me to enjoy the process rather than focus on an end result...
 after all....I use art to relax, not something to stress over or impress others.
If it does well in the competition that would be nice...if not I had a lovely time working with this cheeky imp :D
Enjoy XXX
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I am always in awe of your process. Art fill hands have a wonderful mind of their own....you flow with it beautifully! Oh! MI love little mouse peeking around, I relate! xDebi

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely, Gina. So interesting to watch her develop - thanks for posting that part. And, yes, I adore the little mouse as well. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cheeky elf is so dear. I love your sharing of your process. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! I love seeing the backstory to this. Thanks for sharing with us.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  5. May all our ideas choose to have wings (at least if they need to fly). Best of luck on the competition, my Gina! ♥

    ReplyDelete