Monday 4 April 2016

Hoppy Birthday Magaly!

The second prompt from Magaly's Dark Poetry challenge
 is to write her a Birthday Dirge lol
*cos sum of us are Grumpy Gerties when it comes to ageing*

Happy Birthday?

Another year over.
Another year gone.
Hashtag Smiley Emoticon.

Don't need cards.
Can't eat cake.
Don't need telling your friends are fake.

Hugs and Kisses 
make you cringe.
Til you howl and whine like a rusty hinge.

Can't eat chocs.
Flowers make you sneeze.
BUT a shiny new hammer is sure to please.

*From a friend who knows you well :P*

*and I just wanted to share Shelle's image for the challenge again as it is so awesome *
Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. LOL, hammers are a perfect gift. Now if only they made gift ribbons with skull prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Rommy, I've asked myself the same question about gift ribbons with skull print. ;-D

      Delete
    2. I shall endeavour to find or make some :D

      Delete
    3. I saw some ribbons at Michaels with skull prints! I will see if they still have them! They were on major sale from last year!!

      Delete
  2. This is so good :D Especially love the reference to "Hugs and Kisses make you cringe. Til you howl and whine like a rusty hinge."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only real friends will know lethal weapons are always better than anything else. I mean, who would want a shine pair of shoes (one don't even want to wear), when one can get a shiny hammer?

    I love the look on the frog's face. I can almost hear the rude sound it speaks about, lol!

    Thank you, Gina love! I shall hop my yum. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ending, but I love the opening even more! "Hashtag Smiley Emoticon." The equivalent of "whatever"? Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ending, but I love the opening even more! "Hashtag Smiley Emoticon." The equivalent of "whatever"? Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well penned! (I had to buy myself a hammer eventually as no-one else ever did. It's a beauty, slender and shiny but still packs a wallop.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina, really love this!!! You made me smile! Love Mr. Froggy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot, happy, you got "Happy"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete