Saturday 21 July 2018

Keeping one's distance

Playing with Amy has inspired me
 to give Art Journaling another try.

Art journals are a great place to rid yourself of any
negativity, just dumping "annoyances" can be very
liberating.
I chose another page and covered it with white gesso,
(including the extra fold out page)
 leaving the acetate butterfly window visible...
and started to add my layout.
 I loved how the portrait turned out, 
BUT
she was lost in the busy spread. 
My intention was to distance myself from "drama"
and enjoy the butterflies...
however, every time I looked at the page it just reminded
me of the annoyance I was trying to avoid.

Whenever I want to chill I turn to people who make me think of 
butterflies and rainbows(cos even a dark soul like mine needs the
occasional sunny smile), and have been watching a few of 
 That's how after all these years I actually got round to 
visiting her web page...and discovered the free mini e-course
she set up!!!! 
*to be fair I was a bit busy in 2010 when she was setting it up* 
 So I followed her advice and tried to find
 the positive from the negative...
 softened the pages making them "whole"...
 and reclaimed my peace :)
 I didn't even mind the accidental splattering
on the portrait as they looked like freckles...
 and I put plenty of "Distance" between myself and
my stress.

Enjoy :D XXX
I would like to share this in the following Challenges;

6 comments:

  1. Do you know....I have never done an art journal. Me thinks I might get updated on arting because of you. I'll take a look at Tamara's page and then when the dust settles on the departure of the Cuckoo's I will give it a go. Looks like fun and you know I need to do some arting and healing. Thanks my friend, xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation! The tear drop is striking. Thank you for submitting your project with us and good luck
    Hugs, Joy
    craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, maybe i should give something like this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation Gina! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talented and wise. I love the evolution of the portrait. And even more, I love how and why you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love Gina!!! I really should make an art journal! I'm glad you kept going with this piece! It has alot of feeling in it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete