Saturday 28 July 2018

Creation Angel

Week 4 of  Willowing's free e-course
 "Art Heart and Healing" is about inviting
good things into your life, (my fav class so far) and
we are encouraged to create an Angel to invite a particular
"good thing" back into our lives..
this is what I created :D
" Create Happiness"

Way back in May I stared working on an old wooden shelf
building layers representing creation/evolution.
I'd gotten this fa and was stuck with where to go next.
 (stamped layers of atoms/molecules/DNA strands/insects
as well as lot's of splattered inks and paint. I'd then added 
silhouettes of children playing and bubbles) 
 Now I added my "Angel" or "Guardian/Guide"
 and started to add translucent layers of colour with
watersoluble pencils...
 using matte medium instead of water so that the 
colours wouldn't move once dried.
 I added gold metallic acrylic paint to the wings and "halo"
 *yummy shimmer*
You can still see the earlier layers.
 *trying to show how shimmery the metallic paint is*
 In his/her open hands, a shiny gold star and a bright
butterfly :D
 Simple statement for a positive title
"Create Happiness"
 Still able to see some of the earliest layers of 
"Creation"
I also love how the many layers combine to give the
impression of a "Universe"
 While I was printing the title I made myself a couple of
sheets of  words for future journalling :D

Enjoy :D XXX
I would like to share with the following challenges;


6 comments:

  1. You are so right, I love the layering... galaxy all around her. The sparkles reinforce the message. And the gentleness of her expression speaks of safety... and better things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her Gina!! I love the words! I love the layers! Love the gold star and butterfly! Love it all! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and filled with lovely details. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The layering is divine.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Rijacki

    TTCRD DT
    Rijacki's Workshop
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so gorgeous and enchanting. A deeply beautiful soul, there is such a wonderful energy vibing and shining , very magical! I loved seeing your artistic process, inspiring!
    Hugs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation Gina. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete