Wednesday 13 February 2019

Soothing space for a chaotic crafty mind...

In my previous post I mentioned that
I had been approached by a Craft company
with regard to reviewing some of their product...
So how gobsmacked was I when it turned out to be
 They sent me their "new format" magazine
and a selection of ink pads and card stock.
(which I will review in a separate post)

For today I am reviewing the magazine itself...


Being a methodical person, I began making notes
about the magazine starting with the 
quality and appearance.....
First impression? ... 
EVERYTHING about this magazine screams "QUALITY"
The free gifts included are all individually packaged,
and would make great little presents for Crafty friends.
(but at only £8.99 you could happily gift them the whole magazine)
With it's thick glossy cover, the magazine feels more like
 a "coffee table" book and is a joy to flick through.
Sometimes magazine covers can be overly cluttered, yet 
Hunkydory seems to have found a lovely balance between
"neat and tidy" and enough information to catch your 
interest.
I find the whole look and feel very "inviting"

Next I turned to the contents page, which has a wonderfully clear 
layout, who's titled groupings make it so easy to find the 
projects/articles you are most interested in.
......
(This is where the criss-cross line appears in my notes)
You see, I was so drawn into the articles that I stopped 
making notes at all !
Instead I spent  a peaceful hour grazing the pages,
ooowing and aaawing from one project to the next,
making a mental shopping list.
I also realised I had chosen 3 card projects I wanted to make
...all for the same person lol

All in all(and I live a very hectic life) I can't remember
the last time I just sat and browsed a magazine, and this
one certainly left me feeling inspired and relaxed rather
than bombarded with ads and sales talk.

So ...which project to try first?
Obviously I want to use the free gifts...
contents page says;
 page 10 "to make the most of your free gifts"
and there are 6 pages of inspiration at your fingertips!
"Little Book of Notes" is just calling to me :D

BRB
(short time later)
 There was actually an error in the instructions for 
this project on page 13. 
Should read  * 1...score at 2" and 2 1/2 "*
 not 1" and 1 1/2"
 but the accompanying photos made it easy to spot.
 The free Notelet Die cut cleanly every time !!!
The stamps are very "usable" and I can see them 
making regular appearances in my mixed media
 projects.
( Mini love note booklet for Hubby)

The "Loving Typing" project(page 11) makes
a greetings card that was easily "tweaked" to 
suit a friend :D

and both projects were made using the gorgeous 
"Card making kit" that comes with the magazine !

My humble opinion on this magazine?...
Fabulous buy! 
Well worth the price, and very enjoyable
to read/look at/ stroke.... it even smells good :D

Hope you enjoyed this post
XXX
I would like to share in the
following challenges;
"Haunt It!" card;

Mini Lovenote booklet;




19 comments:

  1. That magazine looks seriously cute. I LOL-ed at the "If you got it haunt it" card. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful folio notebook! So many pretty details. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Hearts" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of stuff for the money. If the quality is as awesome as you say (it shows in the pictures, too), then yay! A great gifty for the self and the ones the self love.

    I love the wordplay on the card. I can't wait to say it aloud. *CWS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to do a review, and will have to look for that magazine in the USA- hope we have it. I love your accordian fold Valentine card- that is awesome. Also really love the card you made for your friend- nice! Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly. Don't know if you would get it in the shops, but I do know they sell through Create and Craft (and they tend to have an extra paper kit exclusive when they sell them here) XXX

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful card! I love the metallic typewriter with the pastels! Thanks for playing along with us! Be sure to join us again!
    Hugs, Joy
    craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post with a fabulous review Gina, you really unpicked what a great magazine should reflect and showcased the hotspots beautifully. Well done, this could become a professional job for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha....the "Crafty Critic"...I'd need a very special hat for that job :D

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed the review of the magazine and your lovely card as well. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double D "Hearts" Challenge. Hope to see you again.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects and how fun for you to receive all these goodies! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading your review, and thought your card looked great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that magazine looks fabulous, I haven't bought it before I might keep a look out for it! Loving your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This magazine looks fantastic Gina! Thanks for the review! I love your creations! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Creations Challenges. I am your newest follower! Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com Thanks! kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty projects.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Rijacki

    TTCRD DT
    Rijacki's Workshop
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete


  16. Absolutely fantastic job you have done here.This is so nice.Thanks for sharing.
    clipping path service
    .

    ReplyDelete