Tuesday 1 February 2022

Waking to the Light


 Blessed Imbolc 

A time of renewal,
 of starting things afresh
and today I took time to meditate 
on my guides for 2022.

Last year I called upon Sekhmet, 
goddess of Plagues and Healing 
(and she didn't let me down for a moment)
I take this opportunity to give her thanks.

Whilst joining in with an Imbolc service
performed at the Chalice Well, I joyfully
received knowledge of my totem/guide.
The Nuthatch 
Such a powerful totem, who took me on a journey
from tree top to deep beneath the earth, grounding me 
in the moment, to watch the maiden rise from the mud.
I am filled with joy and hope for the coming year.

With this feisty little warrior to guide my steps
how could I not be.

I hope you all find such helpful guides in your lives.

Blessed Be
XXX

5 comments:

  1. Birds are also fiercer than they look, which is very inspiring as a guide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have often made that mistake with me too lol. I like to say "I'm not as soft as I'm cuddly looking" :D

      Delete
  2. Funnily enough, I had a dream filled with Luna moths (they are special to me) not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooow they sound like very special guides XXX

      Delete
  3. I did a little planting for Imbolc, some outlining too... while hoping that this new beginning brings better things that it did last year. I hope it does that for both of us.

    ReplyDelete