Monday 26 June 2023

Got Junk? Then Journal...

Junk Journaling is a thing, and can be a massive undertaking,
but sometimes we just need a little project to fulfill our crafting "NEED"

For my CRAFTING FROM THE HEART DT project this month
I chose to play with a single sheet of double-sided scrapbook paper
and created this "mini" journal
First I took the 12x12 sheet of playing cards and 
cut it into 3 horizontal strips

leaving tabs on the ends to connect them with,
before folding in a concertina fashion.


Next I "closed up" and glued the folds together to 
make "pages", adding an outer strip of paper to 
form a re-enforcing spine.


Now I had a mini book waiting for the addition
of scraps and more.
I chose some free papers from 


and added randomly... 


Some pages needed more than others.


After this I added some lovely lacey rub-ons from


The beauty of rub-ons and junk journaling is that there is no
worry about imperfections 


I hope my post might take away some of the fear often
felt when attempting a journaling project,
and I would love to see your more unusual crafty projects
 over at

Enjoy XXX

I would like to share this make with the following Challenges:










 







 

10 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful project! Really sweet little junk journal. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty and feminine creation, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous junk journal Gina,love the beautiful papers and all the images,really inspirational
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a glorious project, thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this over at Creative Creases and wanted to take a closer look at your lovely journal! It’s so full of fun details! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is such a wonderful journal project! Love all of the great details. I really need to try something like this. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful G45 Paper Journal project. I love their products as well. Great job! Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases #60. Hope to see you for #61.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's wonderful, I need to get back to crafting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work! I always enjoyed working with Graphic 45 papers!

    ReplyDelete