Monday 28 August 2023

Thrifty shopping for Crafty folk

 

Well hello to Autumn, hardly feels like Summer

visited at all lol, but then this is England so nothing

 unusual about that.

Today I am sharing my DT project for

CRAFTING FROM THE HEART

Challenge 05


I am trying to be a bit "thriftier" with my crafting and 
shopping for bargains to share. This Tin that the journal is 
made to fit into was £1 from Poundland, and contained 
coloured pencils /eraser/sharpener/ruler and Alphabet stencil.

My friends June and Shasteya gave me these beautiful
digi papers for free!!! 
I started by printing 2 of the patterned papers onto
each side of some 120gsm card stock, and making
a basic concertina ...
I then took some £1 post it notes and added them
 randomly to the "pages" as journalling panels...
before going wild with more of the images from
the same free paper collection, adding a few stickers
I already had in my stash...
On the reverse I just used the letter stencil that came 
in the Tin to add a few Autumnal phrases...
To finish I decorated the tin lid with a couple more 
pieces from the collection.

All in all I am very happy with this little
 "Tinned Journal"
And I highly recommend trawling the stationary
and kiddy craft sections at Poundland
 (or your countries equivalent)
when looking for journalling items.
And if you have a printer, check out FB and other 
intrnet places for free paper downloads.

Enjoy XXX

I would like to share this project with the following challenges:






 











4 comments:

  1. Lovely Journal and wonderful way to make use of something that would otherwise be tossed. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little concertina album and beautiful papers and images-love how you decorated the tin too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is pretty I really need to get back to my craft table soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful with lots of great details! I'm sorry you didn't have the best summer weather, hoping autumn will treat you with some gorgeous autumnal weather though!!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete