Wednesday 4 October 2023

Birthday Blues

This time of year can be a bit of a nightmare in our house.
We love the darker nights and snuggly evenings as the
temperature drops, but...
I have a son who has never been happy about birthdays, or
any event that puts him in the limelight (yes including Christmas)
This year he is trying. He has agreed to go out for a quiet meal...
(and he may even order a dessert)
He will be 25 and this is the first year he has chosen to 
"do something" just for his birthday.
I want to jump up and down with glee, but I can't,
 that might scare him off, so instead I have made him a subtle
Birthday card XXX


I was so excited I actually stuck the images on the wrong way
hahahahaha...so how to save it?

The easiest thing would have been to cut the whole front off 
and glue it onto a fresh card, but that's not always an option.
So instead I turned it into a kind of easel card...

by creasing and folding the back section in half, inwards...
then adding a raised strip on the back of the decorated section
to act as a stopper...

Turned out pretty sturdy :D
You can't see it on the main picture, but I added
shimmer pen for a subtle bit of sparkle .

This card was made using 
and is my DT project for

Enjoy XXX

I would like to share it with the following challenges;










 

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and P.paper-waht a brilliant save must remember that after making that mistake more than a few times lol-well done to your son and hope he enjoys his dessert.
    |Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is stunning! Great layout too - Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I saw it on AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blues are so dramatic, stunning card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your son managed to enjoy a meal out and ordered dessert, beautiful card and love the easel design even if it was a happy accident

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Moving Along With the Times.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did the birthday dinner go? I hope it was good. I hope there are many more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs- I hope the dinner went well. Beautiful blue birthday card.

    ReplyDelete