Monday 1 April 2019

Nurturing Nature.

My April creation for



The fabulous thing about having a stash of patterned
papers is the ability to up-cycle past makes.
*That doesn't prevent me adding to the stash though lol*

Saw this little booklet in The Works and had to buy it!
Dug out an old project that had gotten a little battered
(OMG 2014!!!!)
and stripped it back before re painting.
Selected some collage pieces from the booklet...
then remembered a conversation about making my own 
"Paper dolls" from old family photos.
The image of my grandparents holding one of their children
was perfect to add to my "Happiness" altar :D
*inspired by Carrie Schmitt LB2019 wk 07*
Spring is a time of "Nurturing" for me...
a time to "start as you mean to go on"....
encouraging, hugging, and appreciating all the 
blessings in your life :D

Enjoy XXX

I would like to share this project in the following challenges;


10 comments:

  1. Oh my I love how you’ve revamped an older work of art and created something so unique and pretty and personal to you. I also love the heritage photos, they always bring some vintage charm to a project. Have a wonderful week and happy Spring xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project to share with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
    Good luck with your entry
    Shirley-Anne DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty project. Thank you for linking to our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you created art with family photos. It turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! The design is so romantic with the old images and pretty flowers šŸ˜. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! J šŸ˜Š x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring perfect, especially the expression on the flowergirl's face. She is totally CWS inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Gina! Love! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that looks fabulous Gina, I love the finished piece - beautiful and our Spring inspiration, definitely thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Gina. Love the photo idea. I always enjoy springtime so much too. Its a beautiful time of year.

    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete